If we’ll explain Eco tours in Iran, first of all it’s necessary to get familiar with ecotourism. According to last definition of The International Ecotourism Society (TIES) in 2015, Ecotourism is a responsible travel to natural attractions for enjoying, comprehension and appreciate it. (Accompany with cultural property belongs to past and present) Ecotourism conserving nature, making sustainable in quality of people life. It is also consist of education and tourists participate in profitable social-economy activities too.
Iran with nature-based attractions, bio-climate diversity and having four season during the year which can be consist of following:
- Springs, lacks and international wetlands
- Biosphere reserves, protected areas, national parks, wildlife sanctuaries
- Central and Lut Desert (Lut Desert; The only natural attraction recorded at UNESCO)
- High mountains like Zagros and Alborz
- Seas, caves, waterfalls …
Different ethnics with special cultures like poetry, cuisine, clothing, music and customs etc are Iran’s ecotourism attractions.
The Caspian Sea is the largest inland water in the world with an area of approximately 371,000 km. 28 m below sea level, which is situated at north of Iran .