Carrot: 1 kilogram.
Big white onion: half a number.
Water: 2 cups.
Apple vinegar: 2 cups.
Sugar: 2 cups.
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon.
How to prepare carrot pickle?
- Wash carrots.
- Peel carrots.
- Make carrots in the ring shape.
- Peel onion.
- Chop the onion in the thin slices.
- Make one pot full of water until half.
- Put the pot over the medium heat and let water boiling.
- Pour chopped carrots in the boiling water and let carrots bake for 5 minutes and come to be a little soft(Pay attention carrots must not come to be bake and soft completely, it is better that they keep their brittleness.)
- Pour carrots in the drain and after that put them in the pot.
- Add chopped onion to carrots and put the pot aside.
- Pour the remaining material as apple vinegar, water, sugar, mustard seeds, salt, celery seed, coriander seeds, turmeric, ginger in another pot, put it on the heat and let it boil for 5 minutes on the low heat.
- Once in a while stir the material and let the sugar to dissolve completely.
- At the end put the pot out of the heat and pour the materials on the carrots and onion in another pot in the hot shape.
- Wait until the fluid come to be cold and get the temperature of the room.
- Pour the fluid and carrots in the 4-5 jar glasses and put door of containers firmly and put them inside the refrigerator.
The carrot pickle is ready after 2-3 days.
Because of using coriander seed, celery seed and ginger this pickle has the special and amazing scent and taste.
In compare with the other pickles, carrot pickle has less vinegar so it must keep in the refrigerator.
It is better to consume this pickle maximum 2 months after procurement.
This pickle will prepare in 30 minutes.