Fresh cucumbers: 1 kilogram
Onion: 2 numbers
Salt: necessary amount
Apple cider vinegar or white vinegar: 2 cups
Turmeric: ¼ of teaspoon
Mustard seeds: 3 tablespoons
Dried red pepper: 1-3 numbers
Sugar: ½ cup
Making pickles in a traditional way required one to two weeks. However, with this method, you can have tasty and crunchy pickles within 24 hours. This method is very easy and fast.
How to prepare one-day pickle?
- Wash cucumbers.
- Make the cucumbers in the ring shape. (It is not necessary to take the skin of the cucumbers and it is better to use firm cucumbers for making pickles.)
- Peel the onions.
- Finely chopped the onions.
- Put chopped cucumbers and onions in the big strainer.
- Sprinkle salt on them in your desired level.
- Mix them well together.
- Let the cucumbers and onions 1-hour stay in the strainer and the excess water come out of them and come to be dry.
- Pour vinegar, sugar, salt, turmeric, mustard seeds and red pepper in a pot.
- Put the pot on the heat. When the liquid was boiling, reduce heat.
- Add chopped onion and cucumber to the pot.
- Boil cucumbers for 2 minutes then remove the pot from the heat and set it aside.
13. Prepare one or two jars. Pour the pickles inside them. Close their doors tightly and put them in the refrigerator.
After 24 hours your one day pickle is prepared. You can enjoy from its unbelievable taste.
This immediate pickle is ready to eat after one day. But if these cucumbers are inside the refrigerator 2 or 3 days more, the taste of the pickle come to be very well.