Rice: half a kilogram
Chicken: 800 gram
Butter: 2 tablespoons
Almond: 50 gram
Pistachio: 50 gram
Orange peel: 100 gram
Sugar: 4 tablespoons
Medium onion: 2 numbers
Saffron: half a teaspoon
Salt and Pepper: necessary amount
How to prepare Shirin Polou?
- Soak rice in the water for two hours.
- Wash chicken and patchy it.
- Chop onions and fry them in the oil and wait until the colour of them come to be golden.
- Fry the chicken in the onion and let the colour of it change.
- Add salt, pepper and one glass of hot water to the chicken.
- Put the materials on the medium heat for 20 minutes. (If it was needed you can pour additional water to it either until the materials don’t burn.)
- After about 20 minutes it must remain about half a glass of chicken water.
- Bone Catch the chicken.
- Boiling some sugar with a glass of water and add 2-3 spoons of butter, saffron and some chicken water and rile them together very well.
- From before soak pistachio and almond in the water.
- Peeling their skin after pistachio and almond soaked very well.
- Chop them in fine shape.
- Make the orange peel in slice shape and boil it in the water for some minutes.
- Empty the bitter water of the orange peel (do this work for several times until orange peel doesn’t have the bitter taste).
- Pour orange peel for one hour in the cold water (do this work for several times either).
- At the end cook orange peel with 3 spoons of sugar and finally empty its water.
- Rinse rice.
- Pour oil and little hot water at the bottom of the pot and add half of the rinsed rice to them. Strew parts of chicken on rice.
- Pour rice on the chicken.
- This is the time that you must pour half of orange peel, almond and pistachio on the rice and cover them all with rice.
- Pour chicken water and sugar that they prepared before on all the rice.
- Cover the door of the pot with the cloth and put it on the pot.
- Give the heat to the pot for 30 minutes.
- The food is preparing to serve.
- Pour Shirin Polou in the dish.
- Now mix remaining pistachio, almond, and orange peel together and cover Shirin Polou with this tasty mixture.
- You can even don’t mix them together and pour each of them separately on the rice.
- If you want you can add barberry and slices of cooked carrot to this mixture and decorate your food with them.
It has many benefits for calming heart and nerves. Pistachio is very well for opening the liver channels and it is recommended to consume. It is strengthening the stomach and it is very good for cough relief. Pistachio is the treatment of ordinary diarrhea and dysentery.